Maintec Technologies, a provider of mainframe colocation and managed services to companies that rely on IBM mainframes and power systems for business-critical computing, has announced the opening of a new 8,000 square-foot data center in the Raleigh, N.C., area.
In an announcement, Maintec CEO Sonny Gupta, said the new facility provides infrastructure and staff for 24/7/365 mainframe support. "Whether for safety from hurricanes and floods, to free up office space, or to access hard-to-find mainframe staff, mainframe colocation is catching on today," he said.
According to Maintec, the new mainframe colocation data center is ideal for companies in the Raleigh-Durham and Chapel Hill region, and for New York and Washington, D.C. companies seeking an inland data center with nearby airport access.
The center provides a number of data protection features:
- Two 1,200 and two 2,800 square-foot secured private spaces
- Raised-floor data center with command center
- Fiber connectivity via several providers
- Fire protection system
- Liebert CRAC air conditioning units
- Backup 150 kW natural gas generator
- Aqua Alert water detection system
- UPS With battery backup
- CCTV building monitoring
For more on this topic, visit the security research center.