Tyco Integrated Security today announced that its Anti-Skim ATM Security system has earned a New Product of the Year award from Security Products magazine. The awards honor products that are considered to be particularly noteworthy in their ability to improve security. Tyco's Anti-Skim ATM Security system was one of eighteen winners, beating out more than 90 other entries in the annual contest.
The Tyco system triggers an alarm when it detects a skimming attempt. This generates both sound and visual warnings on the control unit. In alarm mode, the system also emits an omni-directional magnetic pulse that disrupts the operation of the skimming device.
According to a news release from Tyco, the company's anti-skimming solution offers the following benefits:
- Mitigates ATM card skimming crime before it occurs
- Detects foreign devices on areas of the ATM where skimming components may be placed
- Generates audible and visual warnings when a fraud attempt is detected
- Provides a full range of ATM card trapping, tamper and false-front protection
- Integrates with alarm detection and video surveillance systems for layered protection
"Winning a Security Products New Product of the Year Award validates Tyco Integrated Security's Anti-Skim ATM Security system as an important tool in the financial services security sector," said Tracie R. Adkins, business development manager for banking and financial services at Tyco Integrated Security. "As we continue our technology innovation to help financial institutions better prevent ATM skimming attacks, we aim to provide top quality products tailored to benefit our customers' needs."
For more on this topic, visit the security research center.