Massachusetts-based Orbograph, a supplier of recognition solutions for the U.S. check processing market, announced today an alliance partnership with California-based All My Papers, developer and distributor of the All My Checks software suite.
All My Checks is a Windows-based application that finds and extracts check images and MICR information from a variety of scanned and photographed document images. The application outputs exchange-ready check images along with associated formatted MICR data. AMC creates and formats the images into an ICL file incorporating any companion document requirements. With AMC, virtually every scanner or smart phone can become a check scanner.
The alliance was created in order to allow application developers, system integrators, independent software vendors, service bureaus and end-user clients to maximize check recognition performance via an integrated AMC image toolkit, thereby improving the RDC user experience and reducing check fraud.
Automation Services for RDC from Orbograph includes more than 20 check recognition capabilities that can be enhanced by AMC, including:
- Multi-engine courtesy amount recognition and legal amount recognition
- Image quality assurance, image usability assurance
- Image integrity: confirmation that the right image is associated with the MICR line
- Automated endorsement analysis: confirmation of the presence of an endorsement on the back of the check
- Signature detection: confirmation of the presence of a signature on personal and business checks
- Payee name verification/payee matching: confirmation of an account holder name on check
- Payer recognition
- Managed recognition reporting
"We tested the Orbograph recognition system with the goal of optimizing performance on difficult to read images that we binarized and formatted," said Bill Lange, VP of All My Papers. "We were very successful and recommend the Orbograph recognition system to clients who require CAR/LAR and recognition of other fields in remittance and RDC environments."
"There are tremendous synergies between the All My Checks toolkit and our Automation Services for RDC," said Barry Cohen, co-president of Orbograph. "We are pleased to be working with a company who provides high quality image prep for checks captured on almost any device."
For more on this topic, visit the deposits/Check 21 research center.