Advantech, an embedded platform and integration services provider, has introduced AIMB-501, a new industrial-grade Micro-ATX motherboard powered by a third-generation Intel Core i processor.
Pro V2.0 is not only an industrial motherboard but also a solution kit that offers security, remote management, fast boot up, robust operation, rich I/O and multiple display features for any ATM or kiosk application, Advantech said in its product announcement.
AIMB-501 comes pre-loaded with SUSIAccess Pro 2.0 for intelligent remote device management and monitoring. SUSIAccess 2.0 features remote management and integrated McAfee security and Arconis system recovery functions. This allows an operator to switch machines on and off remotely, access the desktop, recover a system and configure protection features, fulfilling security and management demands in the ATM and kiosk markets.
Following are additional AIMB-501 features:
- Supports both third- and second-generation Intel Core i processors
- Offers two 240-pin DIMM, up to 16 GB DDR3, 1600 MHz SDRAM
- Supports dual display: CRT1+CRT2, CRT1+DVI, CRT1+LVDS
- Provides rich I/O and expansion options: 10 x COMs, 10 x USB 2.0, and 8-bit GPIO, 1 PCIe x1, 1 PCIe x16, 2 PCI
- Incorporates dual-channel 6W amplifier for audio
- Includes embedded value-added software: SUSIAccess, Acronis, McAfee for remote management, remote system recovery, and banking-level security for system protection
- Supports operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 7 embedded, Windows XP, Windows XP embedded —hardware drivers for all operating systems are readily available
For more on this topic, visit the components research center.