Two months from today, Wincor Nixdorf will roll out the willkommen mat for its 12th annual Wincor World trade fair. From October 16–18, guests will be invited to learn, see and meet — this year, for the first time — at the spacious A2 Forum in Rheda Wiedenbrück, Germany.
By now, slates of keynote speakers, workshops and exhibits are set, covering topics both wide-ranging and in-depth. Highlights on the banking side include solutions for cash management, the redesign of branches and branch processes, and end-to-end security in retail banking. In addition, 40 product partners will join Wincor in the exhibition hall.
"Wincor World is giving visitors significant added value through keynotes and presentations," said Achim von Bremen, director sales and marketing for banking at Wincor Nixdorf. "We're providing first-hand know-how in the presentations on all three days. On the one hand, we have practitioners and visionaries reporting on their experience from projects and, on the other, experts taking an out-of-the-box look at the industries and sharing visions and forward-looking strategies."
Following is a small sampling of the Wincor World 2012 schedule:
Wincor World 2012 will feature specialist presentations by 17 speakers over two-and-a-half days. These are just a few of the topics:
Story continues below...
• More space for consulting — the new branch concept at Deutsche Bank
Dr. Rainald Kirchberg, managing director and head of sales network management, Deutsche Bank, Germany
• A new drive-thru experience … by BBVA
Julio Perez, project leader, innovation unit, Wincor Nixdorf
Alejandro Carriles, EVP and director of mobile strategy and retail innovation, BBVA Compass
• Global fleet management and service within the casino industry
Diallo Gordon, EVP, kiosk development and service, Global Cash Access Inc.
• The secret role of the ATM in multi-channel, value-adding electronic banking services
Sotiris Sirmakezis, deputy general manager, Piraeus Bank Group
• Transaction-based outsourcing — a profitable model for off-premise locations
Stefan Gempeler, head of operations and member of the executive board, Valiant Bank AG
Wincor World 2012 will host 22 workshops over two-and-a-half days. These are a few of the topics and presenters:
• How to improve customer loyalty with managed services for the self-service channel
Sascha Anders, Product Manager Cash Payment Banking, Wincor Nixdorf
Kathrin Sander, Product Manager Cashless Payment Banking & Retail, Wincor Nixdorf
• Branch and self-service banking meet the smartphone — how to cut your branch network costs by up to 40 percent
Michael Engel, Wincor Nixdorf
• Proactive protection for banking cash systems: armed against cyber attacks with Critical System Protection from Symantec
Michael Hoos, senior director technology sales organization and new business team leader EMEA central, Symantec
• Cashless payments — changing the rules of the game
Miroslav Pekarek, global practice head for cashless payment, Wincor Nixdorf
• Branches of the future: innovative networking concepts for banks and savings banks
Sascha Holste, managing director, teliko
• Near-field communication and the contactless ATM — status quo and outlook
Udo Pape-Kampmeier, product manager self-service automation, Wincor Nixdorf
• Profitability analysis of Cash Cycle Management Solutions — studies based on customer projects
Jens Eberhardt, head of competence center for Cash Cycle Management Solutions, Wincor Nixdorf
A complete schedule of keynotes, workshops and exhibits, as well as a diagram of the new venue can be found at wincor-world.com.
For more on this topic, visit the associations/conferences research center.